Chrystal Ann Kaminski (surrealkiller) wrote,
Chrystal Ann Kaminski

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Hospital play...

Now I left off on Wednesday night.... so I did'nt go to club, instead, I went to Jeffy's house because I wanted to take care of him the day of his surgery, there was no way I was letting him go alone in this freezing weather knowing he was going to be in pain. When I got there, Tina was over and we played Monopoly with Jeffy then Kristy came over with a friend and she brought cookies!!! Thank you Kristy for the cookie goodness. Kristy and her friend left to meet Dave somewhere and Jeffy, Tina and I continued our game, and Jeffy kicked Tina's ass, he would have kicked mine too but I dropped out of the game because they MADE me play and I don't fancy board games....I just could not take the anguish anymore, plus I was tired and my ass hurt from sitting on the floor so long. After Tina left Jeffy and I got ready to go to bed because we had to get up the next morning at like 8.

Thursday morning was cold, still and sunny, I was kind of glad I took off of work 'cause I was SO tired. We got up at 8 and got ready then drove in our tiredness to St. Francis hospital on 16th St. which is right next to one of my old houses. Jeffy got checked in for day surgery at about 9:30, I waited in the waiting room until 10:30 and the doctors called my name and told me I could go in and see him in the "Holding area" before he went into surgery. I walked past old people lying in their beds, most looked weak and tired, but comfy in their little hospital beds. I walked with the nurse until I found Jeffy's bed, there he was all wrapped up in white blankets, smiling at me, it was different to see him in a long white hospital gown. I walked to his bedside and sat with him and we talked and I made sure he was ok. He did VERY well considering this was his first time going into surgery, he was not all that nervous and the only thing that he was iffy about was the fact that they had to put him to sleep. I was fascinated by all the medical equipment around, I kept asking the nurses (Who were wonderful by the way) how everything worked and what it was for. I also had fun playing with the gaurds on Jeffy's hospital bed. After the nurse came to give him an IV, he took a little nap and I stayed next to him right up until they came to take him away for surgery, which was about an hour and a half from then. I went out into the waiting room to wait until I could see him after the procedure was finished. I talked to some very interesting people in that waiting room, let me tell you, one of them was the mother of some dude that goes to club called "T-Bone" or "J-bone" or some shit like that. She was waiting for her husband to get out of back surgery.

The doctor came out about an hour later to tell me that Jeffy was doing ok and that they were all done. I asked when I could go in and see him and he said they would call me in there when they take him into the recovery room. Finally, about an hour later, I was called in and a nurse came to show me where the recovery room was. It looked just like the holding area, but there were more beds. I found Jeffy, straight-up TANKED from the anesthetic and very very hungry. The IV was irritating him and all he wanted to do was go home and sleep. I don't think I have ever seen him so spent before. They gave him a pain pill and did the final things he needed before going home. Finally, after getting a locker key from the nurse 'cause we lost it, we were able to leave at about 7:30. I went to get the car and bring it around so Jeffy would not have to walk far, then we went to Walgreens to get his prescriptions filled and to Gold Coast to get subs (Thank you again Jeffy).

Now THAT was very exhausting, by the time we got to Gold Coast I was just dying of hunger and tired of getting in and out of the car in the freezing cold. BUT, I would do it again for Jeffy. If he needed someone to stay in the hospital with him for a week, I would do it. It's just what I do. I love him, end stop :). He thanked me alot for it, he was extremely appreciative of me.

I stayed with him to make sure he was functioning well afterwards and just to chill out, when I was positive that he would be ok, I left at a little after ten.

Tonight, I think I am going to get Angela after work, but I'm not sure if she's still up for doing something tonight, or if she just needs a ride home. I don't know...we'll see what goes down.
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded